At Parmele Law Firm, we are a team committed to an environment where clients come first. We recognize that we are the trusted advisors for families in the community, supporting them with all areas of growth and protection of their assets. Our comprehensive, innovative approach includes an established social security disability law practice and an estate planning division.
We are currently looking for the highest level performers in our estate planning division, with the highest levels of integrity. We are looking for people to join our team who don’t just want to come and do a job, but who seek the gratification that comes with helping individuals seal their plan for the future.
For us it’s not about org charts and job titles. It’s about fostering an environment where fresh perspective is welcome. We’re a team of innovative and curious team members and leaders who are committed to high quality, exceptional customer service, and teamwork. At Parmele Law Firm we value relationships and quality results, and we recognize that inquisitive thought processes are the only way to get there.
If you’re ready to take on these kinds of challenges with this kind of team, then you’ll find trust, freedom, and opportunity here. Trust that you’re committed to doing the right thing; freedom to ask questions and influence outcomes; and the opportunity to make a direct difference with families. Ready to be a part of an exceptional team, work with talented leaders, and contribute?
Estate Planning Paralegal Position Description
We are looking for an exceptional person to serve as an Estate Planning Paralegal for our firm. This individual is accountable for coordinating client support services, ensuring efficient workflow systems are being followed, and partnering with other team members to assist our customers and clients in their estate planning needs. If you are looking for a challenging position with an opportunity to grow and make a difference in people’s lives, then this may be the career you’ve been looking for.
Skills and Behavioral Traits Needed to Excel
- Strong Work Ethic
- Positive Attitude
- Open to feedback
- On Time for all deadlines and communicates when a deadline will not be met
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Organizational Skills (both digitally and with hard copies)
- Excellent grammar and proofing skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- High proficiency with computer based case management
- Views challenges as an opportunity for growth
Specific Position Accountabilities
Ensure the law firm’s workflow processes are working correctly, smoothly, and efficiently
- Be dedicated to ensuring the client file life cycle from consultation to signing is no longer than 6 weeks
- Ensure all legal documents are completed, error-free and ready for client signing meetings within 3 weeks
- Ensure 2nd drafts of client documents are ready by week 2
- Review documents with clients during phone finals
- Assemble client’s final estate planning portfolio
- Creation of Trust ID Cards
- Preparing electronic version of documents
- Customization of clients’ documents for signings
- Assemble Portfolio binders for client signings
- Conduct signing ceremony and make any final revisions
Ensure all Client assets are funded into their estate plan
- Entering asset information into database
- Producing funding letters
- Tracking transfer of assets
- Deed processing for clients’ real property
- Creating contact letters to Centers of Influence and Referrals 3 weeks after signing
Keep clients updated throughout process
Ensure client information is up to date in all company databases
Identify clients who have passed away and receive offer for free estate administration meeting
- Check obituaries daily
- Send sympathy card
- Send letters to fiduciaries offering free meeting
- Follow-up to ensure meeting gets scheduled
Continuously Improve Education by proactively setting aside time each month for education in the following areas:
- Customer Services Best Practices
- CRM usage, operation, and proficiency
- AAEPA Systems & Procedures for Estate Planning Law Firms
Applicants with 2+ years of Estate Planning experience are preferred.
Parmele Law Firm, P.C.
Parmele Law Firm is a growing law firm dedicated to providing zealous advocacy for claimants seeking disability benefits from the Social Security Administration. The firm handles everything from completing the application to representation in the federal district courts during appeals. Based in Springfield Missouri, Parmele Law Firm has 29 offices throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas and Illinois. The firm is comprised of over 160 employees, including attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, support staff and a benefits department. Parmele Law Firm’s culture is considered key to its success and sets the firm apart from competitors. All employees at Parmele Law Firm understand and practice the firm’s mission: To use our knowledge of Social Security Disability law, along with our compassionate hearts, to zealously advocate for our clients and inspire hope in our community. Unique to Parmele Law Firm, we strive to not only provide exceptional legal representation, but also help provide answers to all our clients’ questions during our representation. Because of the difficult subject matter of our work (disability), wins are celebrated, camaraderie is plentiful, and compassion is critical. Negativity, pessimism, and office politics are not tolerated. Each member of Parmele Law Firm brings a unique history and knowledge base that helps the entire firm serve our clients better in every way possible.
Company Website: parmelelawfirm.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)